Want to look for work through Mycare? Here are some questions to consider:
- Am I suited to supporting people who need care or help around or outside the home?
- What skills and experience can I bring to the table?
- How much do I want or need to earn?
- When am I available to work each week, on which days and at what times? Am I free to work evenings or weekends or do live-in or overnight work? Are there certain periods, such as the school holidays, when I won’t be available to work?
- Which areas do I want to work in? Do I have reliable transport?
What kind of work are you looking for?
You’ll be able to find a range of roles through Mycare, so think about your options:
- Do I only want to do tasks around the house (cleaning, laundry, gardening, cooking)? Or do I own a car that I’d be willing to use to transport clients to appointments or on outings? How would I like to be reimbursed for petrol or mileage?
- Would I be able and willing to drive a client’s car or other vehicles? Do I have a full driver’s licence?
- Am I willing/able to provide ‘hands on’ personal care (showering, dressing, grooming, toileting)?
- Do I have qualifications such as nursing that mean I can provide advanced levels of care?
- Am I willing to offer services at my place (for example, could a disabled child come to your home for respite care)?
- Do I want an ongoing job, or does my lifestyle suit ‘temp’-style roles?
The next step is to create your Mycare profile. This allows you to promote yourself and the help you can offer. Follow our guide on how to create a great profile.
Need more information? Contact the Customer Success Team at Mycare on 0800 677 700 or email email@example.com.