As part of our trust and safety processes, Mycare offers free Ministry of Justice (MoJ) criminal and traffic conviction history checks to all workers promoting their services at Mycare.
What you need to know about getting a Ministry of Justice check
- Mycare organises and covers the cost of this MoJ check for all workers promoting their services at Mycare.
- When you create your profile at Mycare you consent to a Ministry of Justice check.
- You must send the completed MoJ form to Mycare. Our team will send it to the Ministry of Justice for processing. The check takes around 15 working days. Once completed, you'll get a copy of your MoJ check and Mycare uploads a copy to the File Cabinet under your profile, and updates your Ministry of Justice status.
- You may not be able apply for some jobs through Mycare until the check is completed. People looking for help may still reach out to you before you have a Ministry of Justice check. We have made it easy for people seeking care to see what your Ministry of Justice status is.
How do potential clients know what my Worker’s Ministry of Justice status is?
- Workers who have completed the MoJ check will have a green tick in their profile
- If the check is in process, it will show as an yellow ‘pending’ triangle
- A red question mark means clients can ask you for your Ministry of Justice check.
We encourage you to carry a copy of your MoJ check with you and show it to the client or their family during your interview.
If the client is a child or vulnerable person, you should also be able to produce a recent Police check from an Approved Agency, or give permission for this process to take place. The NZ Police Vetting Service provides criminal history checks about potential and current employees or volunteers to Approved Agencies that provide care to children, older people and vulnerable members of society. New rules mean people who work with children or vulnerable people MUST undergo this safety check.
Got questions or concerns about the Ministry of Justice check? Contact the Customer Success Team at Mycare on 0800 677 700 or at firstname.lastname@example.org