As part of Mycare's commitment to trust and safety, all workers at Mycare:
- are requested to complete a Ministry of Justice criminal and traffic conviction history check
- confirm they do not have a history of traffic and criminal convictions.
Mycare organises and covers the cost of this check.
As a worker, you will need to complete the forms and send these to Mycare, they are then sent to the Ministry of Justice for processing. The check takes approximately five working days. Once completed, you will get a copy and Mycare uploads a copy to the File Cabinet under your profile.
- When your MoJ check is added to your file, a green tick will show on your profile
- If your check is pending, an orange triangle will appear on your profile
- You should carry a copy of your Ministry of Justice check with you and if requested, show it to the client when you are being interviewed, or have been hired
- If requested, you consent to Mycare providing a copy of your Ministry of Justice check to anyone who engages you on Mycare.
What happens if I have a conviction?
When you create your profile at Mycare you consent to a Ministry of Justice check and indicate you do not have any criminal or traffic convictions; in some circumstances having a conviction does not automatically exclude you from offering your services on the Mycare site. If you are unsure, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we assess the information
Mycare uses the information in a Ministry of Justice check to screen, probity check and security vet support workers who are offering or want to offer their services on Mycare.
When assessing the relevance of criminal and traffic conviction history information, Mycare will consider:
- the relevance of the criminal and traffic conviction history information to the type of listings that are advertised at Mycare and who is seeking help
- the seriousness of the convictions or offences
- whether you have a pattern of offences.
Things on the criminal and traffic conviction history that will exclude you from advertising your services at Mycare
You will be excluded from publishing a profile advertising your services at Mycare if your criminal and traffic conviction history includes any of the following:
- Violence; or
Mycare may also exclude at our discretion any worker who has been found guilty or convicted of more than one offence, after consideration of the nature of the offence and any other information as per the Terms of Service. You can find our Terms of Service here.
The information contained in the Ministry of Justice check remains the property of you. Mycare will maintain complete confidentiality and ensure the information about any criminal or traffic conviction history is always used solely for the purposes in which it is intended.
Got questions or concerns about completing a Ministry of Justice check? Contact the Customer Success Team at Mycare on 0800 677 700 or at hello@Mycare.co.nz