Police provide a vetting service for approved agencies that provide care to children, older people and vulnerable members of society in New Zealand. Mycare is an approved agency for Police vetting.
As part of Mycare's commitment to trust and safety, all workers at Mycare as of 1 March 2019:
- are requested to complete Police Vetting
- confirm they do not have a history of traffic and criminal convictions.
You can downlaod a copy of this form at the bottom of the page. Mycare organises and covers the cost of this check.
As a worker, you will need to complete the form and send this to Mycare. Mycare then submits these to the Police Vetting Agency. The check can take up to 20 working days to complete; however our experience has been these are completed much quicker than that. Once completed, you will get a copy and Mycare uploads a copy to the File Cabinet under your profile.
- When your Police Vetting results are added to your file, a green tick will show on your profile
- If your check is pending, an orange triangle will appear on your profile
- You should carry a copy of your Police Vetting results with you and if requested, show it to the client when you are being interviewed, or have been hired
- If requested, you consent to Mycare providing a copy of your Police Vetting results to anyone who engages you on Mycare.
What happens if I have a conviction?
When you create your profile at Mycare you consent to Police Vetting and indicate you do not have any criminal or traffic convictions; in some circumstances having a conviction does not automatically exclude you from offering your services on the Mycare site. If you are unsure, please email us at email@example.com.
How we assess the information
Mycare uses the information in Police Vetting to screen, probity check and security vet support workers who are offering or want to offer their services on Mycare.
When assessing the relevance of criminal and traffic conviction history information, Mycare will consider:
- the relevance of the criminal and traffic conviction history information to the type of listings that are advertised at Mycare and who is seeking help
- the seriousness of the convictions or offences
- whether you have a pattern of offences.
Things on the criminal and traffic conviction history that will exclude you from advertising your services at Mycare
You will be excluded from publishing a profile advertising your services at Mycare if your criminal and traffic conviction history includes any of the following:
- Violence; or
Mycare may also exclude at our discretion any worker who has been found guilty or convicted of more than one offence, after consideration of the nature of the offence and any other information as per the Terms of Service. You can find our Terms of Service here.
The information contained in a Police Vetting check remains the property of you. Mycare will maintain complete confidentiality and ensure the information about any criminal or traffic conviction history is always used solely for the purposes in which it is intended.
Got questions or concerns about completing Police Vetting? Contact the Customer Success Team at Mycare on 0800 677 700 or at firstname.lastname@example.org