The official qualification is Level 4 New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) with a strand in Mental Health and Addiction Support.
The modules to complete are:
1. Personal Growth (18 credits) – This module is designed for learners to gain a more in depth understanding about personal growth as a worker in the healthcare industry. This module is person centred, focusing on the individual, their strengths and improving their weaknesses
2. Contributions to the workplace (15 credits) – Using a strengths and knowledge based approach, this module is designed for learners to gain a more in depth understanding about the culture of service quality and safety in the health and wellbeing settings
3. Communication and Engagement (17 credits) – Working in this complex environment a person centred and strengths based approach is required. This module is designed for learners to gain a more in depth understanding of communication and engagement with a client, family/whānau and community
4. Understanding Early Stage Dementia and Interactions (16 credits) – This module is designed for learners to gain a more in depth understanding about early stage dementia and is based on knowledge being the underpinning strength of this learning
5. Managing Dementia (20 credits) – This module is designed for learners to gain a more in depth understanding about dementia and how to manage it. This is a challenging environment; therefore a person-centred strengths-based approach is most effective to facilitate learning.
6. Relationships in Healthcare (24 credits) – This module is designed for learners to gain a more in depth understanding of relationships and communication in healthcare. This understanding includes the perceptions of the learner and the person-centred approach is intrinsic to the module
7. Cultural Identity and Related Issues (10 credits) – This module gives learners a deep understanding of cultural identity and related issues, which combines a person-centred and directed approach with an awareness and knowledge of the impact of other cultures.
While there is no deadline on separate course content, we do expect that you make a start on coursework within a month of your enrolment. If this is not possible for some reason, you must get in contact with Mycare at email@example.com or Kalandra at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can support you to start the course.