As the current COVID-19 situation unfolds, the team at Mycare are working to ensure our users remain up to date with the latest information.
The New Zealand Government has announced that at midnight Wednesday 25 March 2020 the country will enter Level 4 of the COVID-19 action plan. This means that all households are encouraged to stay in-doors and only have contact with people you are self-isolating with. Essential services are exempt from these restrictions.
The New Zealand Government lists aged care services, community workers, and caregivers more generally as essential services. This means that contractors who provide services through Mycare are considered an essential service. If you are receiving support on Mycare, or giving support through Mycare, this can continue at all levels of the COVID-19 action plan including Level 4.
We will provide active workers with an identification letter that states your role as a caregiver in the community to confirm your role as an essential service. We are currently working to provide all active workers with these letters. More information on how to receive these letters will be provided here soon.
While you continue to provide or receive support, we encourage you to maintain an open conversation about hygiene and create a plan for if either you or the person you work with becomes unwell.
Here’s a list of practical things you can do:
- Talk to your worker about good hygiene practices for you both.
- If you are unwell seek medical attention, even if symptoms are mild.
- Self-isolate if you’ve had contact with a confirmed care of COVID-19.
- Talk with your worker about whether extra help is required during this time with things like grocery shopping or getting to appointments.
- Talk to your worker about a plan for what to do if you become sick:
- Who do you need to notify if you cannot come to work due to illness?
- Do you have a backup worker? Do you need help to find one?
- Do you need additional cleaning or health supplies in the event that your client become unwell?
Keep up to date
For up to date information about Mycare and the unfolding COVID-19 situation, have a look at our Facebook Page. Like our page to receive regular updates about Mycare and COVID-19, we will post regularly and keep you informed as the situation develops.
If you have any questions that haven’t been answered here or on our Facebook page, please contact us at 0800 677 700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our phone line will remain open throughout the Level 4 period, and we will do our best to respond to any questions or concerns you may have during this time.
For additional information about essential services, have a look at the official New Zealand Government website www.covid19.govt.nz.