I’m looking for help from someone who lives in or near my community; what kind of help can I find at Mycare?
There are heaps of ways the Mycare community can help
- Disability support: Find the right people to support you to live life your way. Assisting you to do the things you enjoy. Helping with the daily activities.
- Personal care: Need help getting in and out of bed, or bathing? Getting dressed, looking sharp and tidy? Home help to support you through your day.
- Help at home: Those daily chores like the washing up and laundry. Mopping the floors and vacuuming. Changing the sheets and making beds. Light gardening and tidying up the section.
- Older people: Help to continue living safely and comfortably at home. Maintaining your independence and quality of life.
- Transportation: Helping you get to the doctors, the supermarket – a day out. Your car or the helper’s, you decide.
Listening and chatting. A game of cards, a cup of tea. A walk in the park, a trip to the shops.
- Meals: From trips to the supermarket to preparing light meals, teas and coffees.
- Child & Youth support: Need childcare or youth support? Someone to hang out with your child? Find Mycare workers who love working with children and young people.
At Mycare you’ll find profiles for local workers and volunteers. You can see a worker’s skills, experience, and that they have completed all of Mycare’s Trust & Safety steps (identity verifications, and a Ministry of Justice criminal history check). You can also view their recommendations from past clients, and check whether their personal interests are a good fit before you make contact.
I cannot find a worker in my area. Why is this?
Mycare is nationwide and we are actively promoting the service to attract new workers to Mycare. If a worker hasn’t completed the compulsory sections of their profile, they will not be visible in your search results. If you can’t see any workers in your area, please contact the Mycare team – we’ll promote Mycare in your community to encourage more workers to register.
How do I search for carers that suit my needs?
Enter your suburb, area or postcode in the 'Find help' tab to see workers in your area. You’ll need to register an account if you’d like to search by language, skills, interests or experience.
Do I pick my own worker or do you assign one to me?
You decide who you’d like to work for you according to the criteria and qualities you’re looking for.
Why can’t I see all the worker profile details without logging in?
To message someone or book a visit, you first need to sign up. Once you’ve listed a job, you can contact the workers you are interested.