Interviewing workers can be a key step to making sure they are the right fit for you and your needs.
Here are our tips to ensure a smooth interview process.
1. Of your listing applications make sure you check out their profiles and have a chat over the Mycare messages to get a better understanding of the applicant. Make sure to respond kindly to those you both are and are not interested in working with.
2. If you do not feel comfortable having an interview in your home, consider doing a video call or meeting in a public area such as a café.
3. Have a member of your family or a friend with you during the interview process. It is always good to have a second opinion.
4. Be clear on the specifics of the role. Discuss hours, hourly rate, and specifics of the role. This can also include house rules or knowledge needed about the client.
5. Have appropriate questions ready. They could be:
- Do you have experience with ______?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you have a car?
- How would you handle someone who’s angry, frustrated or scared? How would you respect their dignity?
- Are you physically able to support someone with decreased mobility?
- Is there anything about this job that you wouldn’t be prepared to do?
6. Ask the worker to provide originals or copies of any documentation listed on their Mycare profile or relevant to the role. This could include:
- Driver’s Licence
- Training certificates/qualifications
- Police Vetting Form
7. Straight after the interview, jot down your impressions – and listen to your gut. Consider who’s most qualified for the job and – importantly – whom you feel the most comfortable with.
8. If you’re both happy, you're ready to start booking on Mycare.
9. Don’t be afraid to say no. No matter how far into the interview process you’ve progressed, you should never feel pressured to hire someone you don’t feel comfortable with.