Mycare is an online community that connects people seeking and offering home-based services. We take safety seriously.
Are the workers screened?
Mycare workers are independent support contractors, who are trust and safety vetted to be able to use the Mycare platform.
Trust and safety verifications include email, phone number and police vetting which requires two forms of identification.
Police vetting is submitted by our Mycare team to ensure they are processed correctly and have a full review of results.
What else does Mycare do to ensure it’s safe to work with those who find or offer home-based help on Mycare?
- A reporting function: any user can confidentially report someone of concern to Mycare for review and possible removal of their profile or job post
- You can recommend and review workers on their profile; those who build good recommendations will attract more work!
- Safety tips and advice in our Info Centre remind all Mycare users to follow safe practices.
Mycare Safety Tips
- Review worker profiles
- Avoid sharing personal details such as your phone number/address with a client early in communication. The message thread is a secure and safe environment that allows you to ask/be asked all questions pertinent to the role.
- Meet workers before making an agreement.